Any target repositories wishing to interact with the Publications Router need to do some configuration and testing before registration with the service is implemented.
When an institutional repository wishes to register to receive data from the Router, there are two checks to perform before actually enabling registration (it is strongly recommend these are performed on a test repository before setting up to receive data to your live service):
- Is SWORD enabled in the target repository?
- Can the target repository use one of our exemplar importers or do they need to write their own?
Importers for the Publications Router are available from GitHub:
- For EPrints (3.2.2->3.2.9), download the files from GitHub
- For DSpace (1.7.x or 1.8.x), download the files from GitHub
- For EPrints 3.3, there is a package in the EPrints Bazaar which works with a default EPrints repository (SWORD 2.0, SWORD 1.3)
More information on repository engagement is available at the Repository Engagement section of the Router.